Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) OCT. fish-in (Read 5280 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

OCT. fish-in
10/17/03 at 14:53:46
Quote Print Post  
Embarrassed well I guess I haven't been paying attention to sun-up, I was going from take off from the team tournie at 6;30, but I have been informed that sun-up is closer to 7am.
   Sooo, breakfast is still at Gilman village 5am, launch at 7am. Undecidedsorry vw

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Re: OCT. fish-in
Reply #1 - 10/17/03 at 15:42:12
Quote Print Post  
Virgil,
You'll be fortuante if you cda see at 0730!

IP Logged

EX-PREZ
WBC Member

"I'd like to thank my
sponsors for helping
me out"

Reply #2 - 10/19/03 at 00:57:37
Quote Print Post  
Well,
  Someone let me know how it went.  I ended up getting my kids last night in Cle-Elum and couldn't make it to the fish in.  Someone fill me in.
                                      DA PREZ Roll Eyes

SPONSORS:&&MY BEAUTIFUL WIFE!&&1st pick at the raffle (when we have a raffle)&&TEAM NO BOAT PAYMENT/ NO TRUCK PAYMENT&&AQUA VU CAMERAS (borrowed from Terry, scratch that, he took it back)&&STRATOS boats (pre-owned division)&&YAMAHA (came with the STRATOS boat)

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 10/19/03 at 01:21:28
Quote Print Post  
Well, surprizingly it was not a "Dropshot in 50 feet of water-fish-in", although some fish were caught deep...Virgil a 2lb I think Smally and some dinks...but the HOGS were in 6 feet or less as I thought my
3 lb. Largemouth
was the biggest of the day only to be outdone by Mr. Fazakerley's
6 lb PIG Largemouth
...Both caught skipping Senko's under docks....WHO'DA THUNK IT IN OCTOBER!! Now we have to find out how the Capitol Folks did...Daryl...Hello....Dar....oh well.... Grin

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 10/19/03 at 14:50:38
Quote Print Post  
Shocked SUE-EEEE  SUE-EEEEE HERE PIGGIE PIGGIE!  YOU JUST MIGHT WIN THE GREENSLIP MONEY FOR YOURSELF THIS TIME. VW Cheesy

IP Logged

Jim_Shaffer
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 10/19/03 at 19:53:32
Quote Print Post  
Way to go Faz!!!! Sorry I couldn't get you on fish like that, That would have been great fishin!!!!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 10/20/03 at 02:52:57
Quote Print Post  
Jim, thanks for taking me out anyway, not your fault--- we both thought the fish would all be deep, it was Larry who figured it out. I was surprised that we even got that one on the spinnerbait in 2 feet of water in the morning, maybe we should have followed up on that fact and worked the shallower water.

In fact, Larry and I spent our time split between dropshotting the deeper water and skipping under the docks. I'll be curious to see how Darrel and Capital City did and where and how the fish were caught, skipping docks this time of year is the last thing I would have thought of.

IP Logged

GotSix, Jr.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 10/20/03 at 05:16:46
Quote Print Post  
Nice P-I-G, FAZ!!!

Is that your biggest largemouth since the "Lawrence Lake Incident"?  Grin

Chris

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 10/20/03 at 16:17:25
Quote Print Post  
Well it was tough fishing. The numbers were low but the quality of fish was high. We had 4, 5lbs. fish weighed in  on Sat., the biggest bag for a one day total was 8lbs 5oz (3 fish), second was 8lbs 1oz (2 fish). We had numerous 2, 3, 4, lbs fish caught, but were all single fish bags. Sunday had about the same results. Overall big fish was a 5lbs + largemouth caught on a senko. There was a 3 way for second big fish at 5lbs 2oz smallmouths caught on drop shots.  It was a pretty good tournament with lots of big fish caught, including Perch.

Daryl S.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/20/03 at 17:18:19
Quote Print Post  
Yes Chris, this is my second biggest Bass since starting. I've had a couple of 4lb and change Largemouths and a 4lb even Smallie  - nothing in the 5lb range at all, then the 6lb  and the 7lb.

What a way to end the year! Thanks to Larry for getting me on it, I think he may have had it bite his Senkos less than 5 minutes before  mine!

Few and far between, those pigs, but I hope there'll be more in the future, they are a lot of  fun.

IP Logged

safecracker
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/22/03 at 03:48:18
Quote Print Post  
Faz;
Congrats on your hawg. Figured you were sandbaggin' when you were my backseater. If'in I ask real nice, will you show me how it's done?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/22/03 at 20:29:23
Quote Print Post  
Thanks John, I'd love to be able to say "no problem, I'll get you a Hawg" - but since I haven't figured it out myself yet, no guarantees.

Remember I fished with Jim Shaffer in the morning and we only got one dinky - so much for me knowing how it's done. The only answer I have figured out is: Larry and Brian Walker are the guys who put me on my two biggest fish, THEY have it figured out infinitely more than I do!!

That said, I'll fish with you any time I can get away, and we'll go give it our best shot.

Faz

PS - I admit I've been pretty hopeless as your AmBASSador this season for which I apologise.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo