Normal Topic BANK FISHIN ON LAKE TAPPS? (Read 1305 times)
boxx_253
Ex Member

BANK FISHIN ON LAKE TAPPS?
08/06/03 at 21:14:11
Quote Print Post  
hey guys, do you have any good tips for fishin the banks on lake tapps, location ect? time of day?.thanks......

IP Logged

S._Basser
Ex Member

Re:  BANK FISHIN ON LAKE TAPPS?
Reply #1 - 10/30/03 at 05:46:14
Quote Print Post  
Don Isaacson used to be a WBC member, and he caught some really good LM from the bank during the winter. Legally, you can walk anywhere below the high water line, so you just pick a good looking area, find access to the lakebed and go for it. He fished a spinnerbait slow, letting it sit, jumping it up, and letting it drop, like a worm, but maybe a bigger jump. I typically fish a Gizit about like that, Texas rigged. A Senko would be another great idea, or Ika, for that matter. A lot of stumps and stuff, so use fairly heavy tackle. I think Don said he used a white or white/chart. spinnerbait, single Colorado blade.  The one thing I found out about Tapps is that you should not let the glacial melt milky/green water bother you. Do not use any different colors than you would for average water (around here), like Lk. WA or Sawyer.  I would think that someplace with deep water close would be good...look for the river channel nearby.  I started a  project years ago, taking 35mm photos of Tapps from shore, during low water. Somewhere, I lost some exposed film and got discouraged.  C&R, Steve

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo