Normal Topic Jack-N-Jill (Read 2812 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Jack-N-Jill
07/21/03 at 15:43:20
Quote Print Post  
Hey Western! The Jack-N-Jill went off without a hitch as 8 boats braved the 90+ degree days and the intermittant blast from a confederate Cannon.....(yes a real Cannon!) with the Logstons taking first with 8.11 lbs followed by the Hudgens pair...(Welcome back you two you have been sorely missed!) with third going to the Booths. Big Fish a 4.1 LMB for the Sotherlunds as they took 4th. Will get the rest of the numbers up later today but a good time had by all and a great new camping place at Silver Shores Resort as they have been building their facility up and will continue so if in the area give 'em a little business.  
« Last Edit: 07/22/03 at 04:29:50 by »  

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Re: Jack-N-Jill
Reply #1 - 07/21/03 at 21:27:09
Quote Print Post  
Hot, yes.... very!  The fishing was a bit tough, but the big ones decided to bite the second day.  Apparently Phil had at least one pig break him off, as did I.  Pretty exhilerating tho.

I'd have to disagree with the campgrounds, however.  Just a few reasons:

Very, very hard ground (broke a couple of tent stakes); poor service; having a single, unmaintained outhouse for the entire campground (unless you wanted to use the barf-coated toilets in the bar); the total lack of shade; not to mention the $2 price tag to take a shower -- located IN the bar!!  Yup, you had to go into the bar bathrooms to take a shower, then wade out through the town drunks back to your campsite (a 200-300yd hike uphill).  Oh ya, then there's that cannon going off at 10:00 at night.

Ya, great place for a family outing.  NOT!

However, Larry did his best to make things work.  An outstanding BBQ rib potluck would have to be the highlite.  And for Larry to run the show despite a lack of Jillessness, well, that's just going beyond the call of duty.  Thanks again Larry!  Smiley

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/22/03 at 04:34:33
Quote Print Post  
just to balance the conversation.......Silver Lake resort was always a Mud Pit and it did have a bathroom/shower but you had to fight the Spiders for access....and room to maneuver trailers....forget it.... Silver Shores is just getting going so I think we will see only more progress there rather than the degredating conditions elsewhere. Only time will tell.

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/22/03 at 05:15:45
Quote Print Post  
I enjoyed the campground, and would stay there again.  I don't know if in the past Western has tried Seaquest State Park?  I imagine it's a little tough doing the reservation thing there though.

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 07/22/03 at 13:32:20
Quote Print Post  
I wasn't saying Silver Lake Resort or Streeters was better.

You don't need to take my word for it. It was rated a 3 on a scale of 1-10 from a review at http://rvparkreviews.com/Washington.html dated 2002.  Here's an exerpt, "Gravel roadway in places. Unlevel gravel sites. Firepits and picnic tables are limited, you need to grab them from an unused site. Campers next to us were "friends" with the owners, and very noisy and unruly. There is a restaurant and bar on site which contributes to the noise level. Their "dock" to the water is a very scary thing to walk on. They seemed more interested in making money on the bar than the campground. Playground was in disrepair. We saw a lot nicer places than this near Mt. St. Helens.  2002"

Seems it hasn't changed much.

The state park doesn't have power, that's why we haven't stayed there before, Doug.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo