Normal Topic I Need Some Advise (Read 2972 times)
Daryl_S.
Ex Member

I Need Some Advise
07/16/03 at 13:10:25
Quote Print Post  
I'm fishing Potholes this weekend with the state federation. Has anyne got some good advise or stradegies for this time of year. All of your help would truley be appreciated

Thanks,

Daryl

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Re: I Need Some Advise
Reply #1 - 07/16/03 at 19:39:00
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

I haven't really fished Potholes much this time of year, but from talking with other folks and looking at past years' results this time of year, it is going to be a LARGEMOUTH show. I guess that's no big surprise, eh? Last year at this time, it took something like 26+ pounds (6 fish) to win a NW Bass tournament out there.

Get in those dunes and find something!!! Grin Be careful navigating now, though. The lake is a lot lower, and the sand bars can sneak up on you a lot easier. You might want to bring something to push your boat with.

Good luck!
Chris

IP Logged

gotfive
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 07/16/03 at 21:22:07
Quote Print Post  
I should tell you that I would have a pop-r and a spook tied up and I would fish the large rip-rap peninsula that protects the outlet, as well as the dam in this area, especially if they are pulling current.  I took 6 fish off of hear a week ago that would have weighed an easy 23-24lbs, anchored by a five pound largie and three four pound smallies.
kh

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/16/03 at 22:51:03
Quote Print Post  
Daryl,

Here is some more advise. "Beaver Huts" Find Them!!!

Also if they are pulling water go fish Crab Creek, if there are bushes in the water and current is flowing you will anihilate them in there. One late July my wife and I caught over 50 2-4lb bass in there in one day. If there was a bush in the water and it had one to two feet of water under it there would be two to three fish per bush. Also look for stick ups Bass stack on these like bees on honey.
Russ

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 07/18/03 at 15:03:44
Quote Print Post  
Do'nt forget the rock saddles at the mouth of lind coulee as lots of big smallies will set up there in 3-15 ft of water as the water pulls through...I like carolina or split shot lizards.

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/18/03 at 16:16:18
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

Thanks for all the help. I will let you know how everything went when I get back on Sunday.

Daryl

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo