Very Hot Topic (More than 25 Replies) Is it time for a Nite'er? (Read 11228 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Is it time for a Nite'er?
07/02/03 at 01:35:48
Quote Print Post  
Hey was thinkin the other day....try not to do that too much and came to the conclussion that I have not been nite fishin this year! so I would like to put in my bid for a Nite'Er for the August fish-in....Lake Wash. or Lake Samm are okay by me as is Sawyer So lets hear it as the 2nd comes quick! or unless it changes as I dont know whats on the calendar yet!

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Is it time for a Nite'er?
Reply #1 - 07/02/03 at 01:56:44
Quote Print Post  
Dark sounds good.... and any water will do as long as we can attract more boats and people than last year's Lake Stevens session (3 boats if I remember right)

Pick us a good'un Virgil.... let's hit the critters with a moonlight serenade!!

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 07/02/03 at 03:50:00
Quote Print Post  
Sammamish sounds good.  Less ornry home owners too.   Smiley

IP Logged

SMITTY
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 07/02/03 at 12:43:31
Quote Print Post  
Sammamish is a good choice, but doesn't the park/launch close about 10? ???  If for some reason (medical emergency?) you want to leave before 6 AM, or whenever they re-open, you might have a big problem. Cry
Just thinking out loud as I have no horse in this race. Grin

Smitty Wink

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 07/02/03 at 13:14:48
Quote Print Post  
Good point Smitty.  Come to think of it, we should probably fish a smaller lake because the water will be warmer.  If I recall correctly, there were few fish caught on Washington after dark, and none on Stevens after dark.  Both lakes are pretty deep and take longer to warm (e.g. might be a better choice for a Sept. night fish-in).  Just a thought...

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 07/02/03 at 13:48:49
Quote Print Post  
Yes that is my thought for the Aug. fish-in......Lk?...tbd,
you guys are tossing out some good thoughts about it. Thanks and keep it up.

Oh ps the time will be changed for next weekends fish-in, go check it out.   Vw

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Nite'er Ideas?
Reply #6 - 07/14/03 at 23:07:22
Quote Print Post  
Guys,

You should look at hitting Lake Morton or Lake Desire at night. Desire is Awsome it has a tone of wood and Lilly Pads as well as big fish up to 9+ lbs in it. The ramp on Morton is big and the parking on Desire is plenty for our rigs. The only thing about Desire it is "Trolling Motor Only". Fished there two weeks ago and caught a 5.5 still spawning.
Just my two cents.
Russ

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 07/15/03 at 07:44:15
Quote Print Post  
I've heard that Big Lake is a good night fishing lake, but for my money Silver is the best night fishing lake.  Just wait for a three day heat wave and it gets good.  Its a bit of a drive and dangerous to big motor on at night.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 07/15/03 at 14:39:42
Quote Print Post  
All the folks that showed up at last weeks fish-in have voted, thanks for all who put in your 2 cents worth with all the ideas, but your 2 cents would have been worth a buck if you were there in person to vote. So I'm going with the words of the people that show up time after time at the fish-ins.
   The night time fish-in will be at lake Sawyer in covington. We will launch at 7p, we will decide on a mid nite snack at the launch.
   I started talking to and taking votes from the members that do show up for these events, because I recall one event that was decided at the G-membership meeting to have only one person show up.
   So if you want your voice heard...show your face! See ya at the meeting. vw

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #9 - 07/16/03 at 02:25:58
Quote Print Post  
Hear hear, Virg!  Well said!  8)

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 07/28/03 at 03:42:59
Quote Print Post  
   Ok, were down to just a few days to this years nite fish-in and afew are asking questions, let me try and answer some of them.
1) yes jammies are completely up to you, fishies, horseies, or race cars are in this year.
2) teddy bears are up to you as well.
3)The fish-in will be at Lk. Sawyer, will launch at 7pm. mid- nite snack will consist of hot dogs, pop, and what ever it is you bring to the potluck. I will bring plates, plastic wear, and cups. I will also bring 1 lantern.
4)I will probably throw plastics up intell it gets dark and than start throwing the trusty black/blue buzzzz bait with the blades (sharpied) colored black. I almost always have on a trailor hook. If the fish explode on it, there active. If they slerp it in I may need to go slower like a zera spook, pop-r. spittin image, or a prop bait. If I need to go slower yet I love the jitterbug.
5)If that doesn't do it I might switch over to a midnight special spinnerbait, either a black/blue or a black/red with a Colorado blade about the size of a quarter.
6)If I still am having trouble a BIG-O black/blue jig with all the bells and whistles.
7) when the moon comes up over the trees all bets are off and things might/will  change again....so it's  buzz bait time for me!
8)when your out on the water don't look at the lights, it will mess up your night vision. Also don't look right at your target, look to one side or the other, you will see it better.
9) if your like me and use top water stuff remember to let the fish catch you first than you add the pressure. The fish come out of the water with their mouth open and don't usually close it for 2-3 feet.
10) things to bring, bug juice, at least two flashlights, something with long sleves, and eye protection. I like a cheap pr. of amber or clear shooting glasses.
11)things to remember, clear off all the decks and floors of things you don't need or you don't want broken or kicked overboard. get  your flashlights out before you need them.  when it gets dark wear your pfd....shhhtuff happens! and you probably won't be the breaking news at 11;00. When the sun goes down it can get chilly with the evening breeze...if you can't touch your thumb tip to your ring finger tip it might be a good time to call it a night.
12)unless your mommy is your backseater...it probably won't help to call out to her if you get scared or you hear a splash in the night...(I know)
   Come, have fun, and learn something new if you have never night fished before.

NOTE TO LARRY S. Could you please put some good direction up here.
   And if he doesn't right away, and I don't either,  look at Marches fish-in (I think) on Sawyer.
   Ok, what are your tips and what are you bringing to the potluck?

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 07/29/03 at 14:41:19
Quote Print Post  
Hay Glen...do you have any good articales on your site on night fishing??? I would be willing to bet yes but I haven't looked yet. See ya Sat. pm?

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #12 - 07/29/03 at 16:41:31
Quote Print Post  
A ton.  Start at http://www.bassresource.com/html/nightfishing.html then click the related articles links at the bottom.

I'll be there!!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 07/30/03 at 14:40:19
Quote Print Post  
Cheesy I knew you would! Thanks Glen and awesome site you have there, V-DUB-YA Wink

IP Logged

safecracker
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 07/30/03 at 15:02:17
Quote Print Post  
I'll be there with potato salad.
Lookin' forward to it.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo