Normal Topic Jamborree (Read 2369 times)
Larry S.
Ex Member

Jamborree
05/28/03 at 16:45:41
Quote Print Post  
Hey WBC! well it was a Great Jamborree and we were well represented with and I might be wrong as I did not write down the stats....
10 boats.....
15 adult anglers.....
6 kids....
and we placed.....(Drum Roll please...)

6th place overall!!!

Alex Walker took his Division with over 20 lbs!
Tyler Hankinson took his division!
Trevor Hankinson I believe took his division in casting!
Kendra Logston won her division in Casting Kids!

Day one was a little windy but just enough to prevent good sight fishing but lots of limits. I have to guess that the smallies were at or close to the peak of spawning as we alone saw hundreds of beds but very few big fish and loads of Bucks staking out beds so limits kept to around 5-7 lbs.
Day Two......yes the weather always plays a part in the Jamborree as wind and spitting rain hit us but if you were near bedding areas and got the wind bow out of your line you could scrape together a limit. Myself and Faz were running to the Million Dollar Mile and the whitecaps sent us instead to an area we had not fished directly across the lake and north from the "Mile" and we scraped several fish..me 5 and Faz 2 and we then headed to several other matching areas with no gain but then went into the Punchbowl were Faz got his 3rd and I got my Kicker....a 3.5 LM.
Day 3 well....being a Cool Club we all got together and shared info where Brian and Doug with a short day...3-1/2 hrs....opted to give up there long range spot to fish the infamous Schlaegal Bay... which was too shallow the first two days.....to their benifits with hefty bags and Myself Faz and Lyle hit their spot at the Poplars for this...Me 10.8- 3LM 1SM...Faz 5.7- 2SM 1 LM Lyle 3+ for 2SM...all from one little Bay!
So without all the totals in hand..A great Jamborree for Western!
The only individuals I remember is Me 13th overall with 25+ lbs and Brian Walker I believe 7th Overall with 26+...Faz had improved his best by 30+ spots.
The biggest thing I am soooo happy about is the kids and how they are embracing this sport and all it has to offer. The future of Western Bass Club is in very good hands!

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Jamborree
Reply #1 - 05/29/03 at 14:46:22
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Larry for the report. I for one wasn't there Angry to play, Good job WBC and WBC Kids! Cheesy

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 05/30/03 at 05:34:13
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the report, Larry! Wish I could have been there! Great job everyone in the club!

Chris!

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 06/04/03 at 03:23:48
Quote Print Post  
I just noticed that the individual results from the Jamboree are now up on  www.wabass.org

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo