Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Re: Need backseat at Potholes (Read 4577 times)
virgilw
Ex Member

Re: Need backseat at Potholes
05/05/03 at 14:54:16
Quote Print Post  
Rich, nice having you at the fish-in. Did Chris drop from the club or the tourny? VW

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #1 - 05/06/03 at 01:49:29
Quote Print Post  
Well ifin he gets lonley....he knows where home is. I for one would hate to lose him. V-DUB-YA

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #2 - 05/06/03 at 04:08:26
Quote Print Post  
I'm puzzled.  He just quit the club?  It seemed he was having fun at the tournament.  What happened?  Did somebody say or do something to offend him?

"...especially when an old man (Larry) with a beat up boat..."  Who are you referring to?

I'm sorry to see him drop out.  I enjoyed talking to him.  Undecided

IP Logged

Fubar
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 05/06/03 at 19:02:01
Quote Print Post  
Glenn,  I was joking about Larry winning the tourney with all of his fish and most of us getting none or few.

No, I don't think anyone said or did anything.  He just, IMHO, felt like he should have been able to catch fish and didn't.  But as I told him so didn't a lot of us.  It just isn't the same as back in Arkansas.

Rich

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 05/06/03 at 20:16:26
Quote Print Post  
You're right, fishing up here isn't as "easy" as it is down south.  However, that was one tough tournament!  9 people blanked and nearly everyone else only caught one fish.  There's no reason to take that as a personal fault.  All us "experienced" northerners struggled too.

See if you can talk him into coming to Potholes.  If he doesn't catch fish there, THEN he can complain!   Grin

Trust me, unless a hurricane blows through, the fishing should be outstanding for all.

IP Logged

Daryl_S.
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 05/15/03 at 15:04:43
Quote Print Post  
Rich,

I'm looking for a travel partner and backseat for Potholes. Call me 360-280-8132

Daryl

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 05/15/03 at 17:26:52
Quote Print Post  
Does anyone have a number for Chris? As one of those who has sometimes gone a couple of months without even a bite, I know how he probably feels - I'd like to talk to him - maybe he just needs a day like I had at Lawrence to get him back up on his game.

IP Logged

Rich
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 05/15/03 at 18:54:32
Quote Print Post  
But Faz,  you only caught one "small" fish at Lawrence.  Or did you do better in the afternoon after we left?

I will tell you one thing, from now on I am taking a GPS unit on the road trips to these lakes.  I was stopping and asking "
cows
" for directions.  But then all the women out that way can give directions. Grin ???

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 05/15/03 at 19:38:01
Quote Print Post  
Rich, I was really looking back to the monster day I had a couple of years ago when I first joined the club and first started fishing up here.... 6 fish 21lbs 12oz including the 7lb hog...That was the kind of day to get anyoone hooked and keep them going.

Apart from that, even though I only caught one fish at the last fish-in, I had a fun day with you and Don, and after lunch went back out with Larry Sullivan and we had an absolute blast !

Seeya at the meeting, or at Potholes.

"Faz"

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 05/15/03 at 22:22:34
Quote Print Post  
Howdy Guys,

Just an update for ya... After I saw Rich's post, I sent Chris an email just seeing what's up. We had a good time fishing together at the draw, and he let me know that he had a good time with the club. He just had to reconsider tournament fishing for awhile.

Well, I was stubborn and let him know that he better make the Potholes tournament, or he might be missing the best fishing he's had in this state!!! He prefished last week and should be coming to the tournament.

If you're reading this, Chris, hope to see you there!!!

The other Chris

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 05/15/03 at 22:42:14
Quote Print Post  
OOops, maybe Chris felt ganged up on (In a good way though) I also sent him an email as well....

I'm glad to see he reconsidered, and will see him at the Meeting tonight as well as at Potholes.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo