Normal Topic Feasibility of an idea? (Read 2549 times)
Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Feasibility of an idea?
01/08/03 at 22:36:54
Quote Print Post  
I was wondering if this idea is possible, stupid not practical or what.  I have a leak (somewhere) in my oil injection system.  I'm going through oil way too fast and it seems to be getting all over stuff.  Anyway it's a bit of a hassle to take it to my boat to an outboard repair shopfor such a small thing, so here's my idea.  If someone knew of a outboard repair shop or decent mechanic that wouldn't mind coming to a event/function like a fish-in, where a number of us could schedule some small repairs or maintainence on our outboards.   I was thinking it's a convenient way to have some work done and would give a person a good way to make some $.  Just throwing it out there for some feedback.

IP Logged

RussBaker
Ex Member

Re: Feasibility of an idea?
Reply #1 - 01/09/03 at 00:23:53
Quote Print Post  
Doug,

Try I-90 Marine they will come out to you and work on your boat wherever you are.
Russ

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

ThatRe: Feasibility of an idea?
Reply #2 - 01/09/03 at 06:12:59
Quote Print Post  
That's where I take my boat, but I wasn't sure if my repair would warrant the extra cost to come to me?

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 01/09/03 at 17:31:15
Quote Print Post  
Great Idea Doug but I see a couple of hitches.... is the different types of engines....although mostly Mercs., going to restrict the mechanics we get to come unless we can get several brand certified folks it might be tough. Most mechanics are going to require that if they diagnose in the field they might want some guarantee that they will get the work versus just an estimate you can take to another mechanic to outbid.....I for one am all for this as I have a big engine that I know nothing about.

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 01/10/03 at 00:34:09
Quote Print Post  
This is kind of what I was talking about earlyer in the year about having a day where we all get togather and help each other trouble shoot and do little repairs whith what equipment we all have and with what skills we have .....?

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 01/10/03 at 06:22:05
Quote Print Post  
Virgil, this is along the lines of what I mean.  Minor maintenence, like changing the lower unit oil or minor problems that someone else has experienced.  I thought that if we organized a schedule of what we had lined up and then took turns at our "appointed time" we might have a way to get these little hick-ups solved or at least a ballpark idea where we stand with the issues we are concerned with.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo