Normal Topic 24 volt minn kota (Read 2027 times)
Hunter
Ex Member

24 volt minn kota
11/22/02 at 04:28:15
Quote Print Post  
I just got from UPS my 24 volt minn kota.
I have a question about wiring the batteries in series.

I have 3 batteries on my boat. One for the motor. And 2 others one under each console. Right now I have 2 down riggers on the boat and each one is wired to its own battery. These are the batteries I want to wire togather for my 24 volt trolling motor. But if I wire them in series + bat one to - bat 2 then then - bat one to motor and + bat 2 to motor can I still wire my downriggers like I have them?

Thanks for the info.

Hunter

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Re: 24 volt minn kota
Reply #1 - 11/24/02 at 22:48:58
Quote Print Post  
Hunter,
My response to your battery question would be to contact the TM manufacturer for their expertise. All Marine in Lacey should be able to answer your wiring questions and your downrigger questions also Wink Wink.
RC

IP Logged

Doug_Booth
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/24/02 at 23:13:40
Quote Print Post  
Hunter, I would suggest hooking the downriggers to the main cranking battery and have the other two batteries dedicated to the trolling motor.  Running the big  motor  should keep up the charge on the cranking battery for the downriggers.

IP Logged

Hunter
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/27/02 at 03:01:00
Quote Print Post  
I called Minn Kota and they told me I need to wire my downriggers to another battery. Or disconnect the the 2 batteries from each other then connect the down riggers.

I did not want to pull power off my main battery so I just installed another battery. I now have 4 on board. And that is max. If what I want to add to the boat next needs it's own power source then I won't buy it..

Ha Ha

Hunter

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo