Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Looking for a back seat! (Read 4440 times)
Hoosier Bryan
Ex Member

Looking for a back seat!
11/14/02 at 17:22:27
Quote Print Post  
Hi!  I am relocating to Seattle from the greater Cincinnati area.  I am leaving my Champi0n behind  Embarrassed

I am planning on joining the club in Jan-03.  Looking for boat owners that can use an experienced, well behaved co-angler to share the gas money  Smiley  I can also tow the boat with my silverado if needed.

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Re: Looking for a back seat!
Reply #1 - 11/14/02 at 20:40:51
Quote Print Post  
Bryan-
Welcome to the Northwest and to the WBC.  I am sorry to hear you had to leave your Champion behind.  Did you have to sell it?  There's a few of us in the club who own Champions.  If you have a inkling to relive the glory days and ride in a Champion, give me a call and I will take you out.

There are also many really nice boats in our club owned by some really nice guys.  These guys would be glad to take you out when you get in town.  What kind of bass do you usually pursue- largemouth?  Smallmouth?  Spots?

If you like smallmouth, we have some great fisherman in the club who know how to catch monster smallies in  January and February.

I look forward to meeting you when you get in town.

Bob Payseno "Pays2no"

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 11/14/02 at 21:04:50
Quote Print Post  
Hi Bryan,

Welcome to the board! I don't think you will have any problems finding some folks to fish with if you keep getting in their faces!!!  Grin I would offer you a backseat, but I don't know how long I will be owning a boat (saving up to buy a bigger one - sound familiar?). If I have one when you get here, we'll have to hit the lake sometime.

Hey - If you can catch fish in the Ohio River, then I bet you have a lot to teach us! Can't wait to meet you...

Best fishes,
Chris Sergeant

IP Logged

Hoosier Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 11/14/02 at 22:19:43
Quote Print Post  
Hi Bob and Chris!  I am leaving the Champion behind for a few reasons, I am living in an apartment in Seattle until I figure out where/if to buy a house, and...I want a another boat! 

I usually fish for LM and Spots here, but have done some smallie fishing on the deep, clear, highland resevoirs of KY and TN.   (grubs, jigs, spooks)  I hope somebody wants to take me in Jan & Feb.  I am usually ice-fishing for bluegill then Tongue

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 11/15/02 at 00:51:41
Quote Print Post  
Welcome, I quite often have an empty backseat, and try to get out at least twice a month regardless of the weather. I could also do with the learning, being only in my second year of Bass fishing.

Let me know if you don't already have plenty of offers ( I see several).

Faz

IP Logged

Hoosier Bryan
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 11/18/02 at 17:09:52
Quote Print Post  
Thanks Faz... I will be an official resident on Dec-3.  My fishing stuff will arrive that week too... 2 weeks before my furniture does  Grin

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 11/18/02 at 22:53:34
Quote Print Post  
Good man!! An angler with his priorities well sorted out.... tackle before furniture  Grin

I'ts entirely possible I may well be out on the weekend of Dec 6/7 and you are more than welcome to join me. I live up north of Seattle in Edmonds, but as most people will tell you I have never let a thing like driving stop me from fishing - same as I don't let the weather get in the way....

Let me know when you are ready and I'll be happy to go wet a line and drown some bait.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 11/19/02 at 02:54:14
Quote Print Post  
Me too......Have weekends off now for a week or so then will be off Thurs....Sunday....................Hope to see yall out there.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #8 - 11/19/02 at 08:09:00
Quote Print Post  
The Fazakerley Transportation Manager has informed me that I will be "Truckless in Seattle" this Saturday the 23rd November - if anyone has a backseat open I would love to get out. I can be reached at work on 206-461-1282 or after 7pm at 425-771-0613.

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 12/04/02 at 17:11:14
Quote Print Post  
I will be definitely going out on the Freeze-in date (December 7th) - if Hoosier Bryan is still looking for a seat - Bryan you are welcome to join me although I won't be launching from Gene Coulon Park since I live way north. I prefer to launch from the East Mercer ISland boat ramp under I-90 and should be there before 8am. If I get there by about 7.30am I might just run down to Coulon and meet the guys there - my cell phone number is 206-550-8538.

You can call me at work on 206-461-1282, at home after 7pm on 425-771-0613 or on the cell phone on the day.

IP Logged

REDCHAMP
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 12/07/02 at 04:47:09
Quote Print Post  
Bryan,
Just read your post. Sorry I'm so slow to answer. I don't live on this website like some. HaHa
Being an ex-ice fisherman(northern WI) and a present Champion boat owner, I'd like to extend some more of the welcome you've already gotten. Just so happens that I have some time off work right now so my back seat(front if it's windy) is open alot, especially during the week. I'll be at Lk Wa tomorrow for the club fish-in. Maybe I'll see ya there. Call or email me.
Mark Wells
253-841-0171

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo