Normal Topic Banks Lake (Read 874 times)
sarge
Ex Member

Banks Lake
10/14/02 at 23:39:17
Quote Print Post  
Hi Y'all,

In what is becoming an October tradition, Rick Gagliardi and I tromped over to Banks Lake for three days this past weekend. With blue Triton and large motorhome on the road, we were excited to see that the weather was going to be gorgeous!

All weekend there was hardly any wind, and the temps climbed into the 60's each day. The mornings were freezing though, and usually around 30 degrees. BRRR!

The smallies were not abundant, but the quality was there. On our best day, we caught about a dozen fish between us, with the largest fish of the weekend going 3-4. I also caught one at 3-1. Two three pound smallies isn't too bad for Banks! Most of the fish were in the 1.5-2 pound range. I also caught a couple of largemouth, but they were only around a pound.

The smallies were in 20-30 feet of water and biting splitshot plastics and jigs. You had to drag SLOW to get the fish to bite, too.

A great weekend all in all, and Banks was a great place to be this time of year. There aren't many boats out there, and you can just about have any hole to yourself.

Like Bob said in another post, I hope some of you guys can join us at the Banks Frostbite Tournament. With a 6 fish limit per team, I am guessing that it will take 25-27 pounds to win. That is great fishing for November!!!

Chris

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo