Normal Topic Riffe Lake (Read 2366 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Riffe Lake
09/24/02 at 22:21:44
Quote Print Post  
Ok, somebody spit it out.  How was Riffe?  Who won?  Who came in the top 10.  How was the fishing?  Enquiring minds want to know.   Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Riffe Lake
Reply #1 - 09/25/02 at 04:06:45
Quote Print Post  
I had great time and caught limits both days....of an unusual black fish with a large white stripe.....boy did they smell something rotten!!!

I found a pattern that was consistent for me the whole weekend-------ABJECT FAILURE at anything I tried.

WHat more can I say.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/27/02 at 16:57:22
Quote Print Post  
Well since no one else has given the news here goes...
The fishing was tough unless you were in the right spot at the right time as the first day I thought it was gonna be easy as I had my first fish 25 mins into it and did not even try while tying on a new rig I cast out a carolina tube just to wind drag and within 2 minutes had a 1.5 smallie in the boat and 1/2 hr later lost a drop shot fish at the boat so I was feeling as though all were doing well.....not so as I did not see another fish till 11:45 and on almost back to back casts with a drop shot robo worm I had my other two keepers for a 3 fish day but by then had found very few had been as lucky and on day one I had ended up in 2nd with 5.9 lbs T. Steffensen had 1st with 5.11( I think)  Lyle Logston was in third with 5.6 so we went to day two knowing it was gonna be a tourney of attrition with anglers running and gunning or waiting out a spot for the bite to arrive and for me it was running and gunning with only one fish down to 44 ft of water on a carolina rigged lizard for one pound to hold onto third, Terry Steffensen stayed on his spot for third and Lyle Logston hit some stand by spots for first with 9+ lbs so a tough fought battle with great Moonsets in the morning with little to no wind. I would mention the other totals but I do not have the numbers with me and it hurts me to see, well Chris and Smitty.....I will let you guys give those numbers. See ya all at Lake Washington!

IP Logged

DUNE HOPPER
WBC Member

USMC Ret.  "Full Livewells,
I'll drink to that!"

Reply #3 - 09/27/02 at 20:16:47
Quote Print Post  
The only numbers I have are 0!Embarrassed  Definatly not a weeknd for full livewells, but a great time never-the-less.  And the grub on saturday night....oh baby!  In fact after supper I felt like I was going to have a baby. Shocked

Retired From Everything but Feeshin and doing April's bidding

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #4 - 09/27/02 at 21:14:55
Quote Print Post  
Why?  Were you lactating?   Shocked

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo