Hot Topic (More than 10 Replies) Freeze-Ins (Read 7119 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Freeze-Ins
09/14/02 at 03:13:05
Quote Print Post  
Okay, so the official "Fish-In" season is over 'til next year.  Cry   But the fun doesn't have to end!  Cheesy

It seems there are more and more of us each year opting to continue fishing through the colder months.  Considering I "lost" 3 months of summer fishing, you can bet I'll continue fishing this fall/winter so long as there isn't any ice on the water (or roads!) -- especially now since I have my boat "garaged" this year.

So.... how 'bout a monthly "freeze-in"?  An impromptu get-together at an agreed-upon lake to accelerate our winter fishing learning curves?  Any takers?  I think it would be fun, and increase our safety as well.

Thoughts?

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Re: Freeze-Ins
Reply #1 - 09/14/02 at 06:23:00
Quote Print Post  
I'm up for that!!!
Just try and stop me!!!

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #2 - 09/17/02 at 03:47:58
Quote Print Post  
Virgil-
I like the idea of Freeze-ins.  I for one would like to participate.  What lakes did you have in Mind?  Lake Washington,Sammamish, Sawyer?  I am sure the Rev and Larry Gonczy would be great help locating fish at this time of year.

I also like the idea of having all the boat owners getting together and putting our collective heads together and trying to fix each others little annoying problems.  I haven't really had too many problems yet with my boat, but I know it won't be long....it's inevitable.

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Reply #3 - 09/17/02 at 16:52:09
Quote Print Post  
Here, Here for the freeze ins.  I am up for that.  I would really enjoy going out with some of the guys who know LK Washington, and get some help/advice on thus wiley smallmouth there.  Not to mention a run over to Vantage or Priest Rapids would do the soul well in Jan/Feb for a few smallies and sunshine.  I know the pass can be an issue, but if we are flexible, we could easily hit a nice day over there.  Not to mention Silver Lake in Oct/ early Nov.  or how about Duck Lk.

Mark

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #4 - 09/17/02 at 17:06:33
Quote Print Post  
If it's wet and it's got fish in it........ I'll be there!!

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #5 - 09/17/02 at 22:03:04
Quote Print Post  
Interesting article to those future freeze-in folks...

http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories/s997.htm

Chris

IP Logged

pays2no
Ex Member

Reply #6 - 09/18/02 at 19:13:40
Quote Print Post  
Chris-
Thanks for the info.....looks dry for us over the next 3 months- Excellent!  Will you be joining some of the Freeze-ins?  I certainly hope so.

By the way, where you able to locate what went wrong on your fishfinder since Lake Roosevelt? 

Stay in touch and good luck at Riffe.

IP Logged

sarge
Ex Member

Reply #7 - 09/19/02 at 02:40:42
Quote Print Post  
Thanks for the good luck, Bob  Grin It sounds like you may not be going??? C'mon!!! We gotta see you out there.

I certainly hope that NOAA is correct about their weather predictions, and I could probably be persuaded to freeze with everyone else Smiley

Thanks to the help of Ron Hankinson and his handy dandy electrical skills, we did troubleshoot the problem with my depthfinder. It turns out that the power plug actually had the hot wire pull out of it... Not good, but much better than having a faulty unit. It is operating right now under a temporary solution until I buy and splice in a new plug. To those that have to swivel their depth finders to face different directions, make sure you have enough slack so that there isn't any resistance against the wires... This is what lead to my plug failure.

Chris

IP Logged

Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Reply #8 - 09/23/02 at 04:10:22
Quote Print Post  
Quote:
Virgil-
I like the idea of Freeze-ins.  I for one would like to participate.  What lakes did you have in Mind?  Lake Washington,Sammamish, Sawyer?  

You saw that in the newsletter too?  Kinda funny, I posted this before I saw the newsletter.

Oh uh... this means I'm beginning to think like Virgil.  Now THAT'S a scary thought!!   Shocked

IP Logged

spamhater
Ex Member

Reply #9 - 10/03/02 at 03:05:33
Quote Print Post  
I like that idea. I even have a lake to fish that not many people fish bass for. It's been growing some nice smallies the last 5yrs. Earlier this year I had acouple nice smallies and saw some monster largemouth. It's also known for it's great slimer fishing. Anyone up for it let me now I'm always willing to back seat.

p.s.dont know the lake that well,maybe we'llfind some great spots or lake. Wink

IP Logged

Rwfaz
Ex Member

Reply #10 - 10/03/02 at 03:29:04
Quote Print Post  
I'm up for some new water.... gimme a call some time, let's hit it!!!
WORK=206-461-1282
HOME=425-771-0613
CELL=206-550-8538
Grin Grin

IP Logged

Rob_Maglio
Ex Member

Reply #11 - 10/08/02 at 16:04:09
Quote Print Post  
I think the freeze-ins would be a good idea even if the bites are tough to come by. You can always learn something on the water even if you don't catch fish. You can improve on the backlashes, working the trolling motor or learning some lake contour. As I found out, things on the boat brake. If you can find them over the winter, they can be fixed before the season starts in the spring. Also for a newer member like me, it gives me a chance to meet some of the other members. I'm in................Rob

IP Logged

virgilw
Ex Member

Reply #12 - 10/08/02 at 17:18:40
Quote Print Post  
Hey it's good to see that a few people like the idea of freeze-ins, thanks for talking it up and tossing in your own ideas, thats what this thing is going to be made of.  Some one asked when and what lakes. Well when? I don't think we should set hard and fast dates because as soon as we do the weather will work agenst us, I think we need to be flexable and when we see that the weather is going to be "nice" jump on the phone and web site and start the ball rollin, I was thinking lk. wa, and at mercer island launch to give us something to hide under if the weather turns on us. But other lks. like sawyer, meridian, would be great too. Talk it up, whats ya thinking???

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #13 - 10/10/02 at 19:48:35
Quote Print Post  
I'm up for Sawyer and Wash. and as soon as my motor is goin..I will be ready just say the word and if it happens before then someone gimme a ride huh!.....p.s. for some reason the 26th comes to mind.....hmmmmm unless you are pre-fishing for banks' icebreaker.....hmmmmmm.

IP Logged

Larry S.
Ex Member

Reply #14 - 11/01/02 at 16:02:08
Quote Print Post  
Hey....is there a Freeze-In this Saturday?? me and Faz are already gonna be on Lake Wash. so just wonderin....the club had voted on the first sat. and dont know if it starts this month or next........

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo