Normal Topic Boat Problems - Final Chapter (Read 1888 times)
Admin
Forum Administrator

I love YaBB!

Boat Problems - Final Chapter
09/11/02 at 02:02:19
Quote Print Post  
So, the saga has (hopefully) come to an end.  For those who wanted to know, I got the welding and riveting done on the boat and only had adjusting the trailer left to do. 

So, I take the boat to a local lake, ease the boat off the trailer, park it on the beach, and readjust the bunkers...then put the boat back on the trailer.  It took all of 15 mins, and I was lucky enough to guess the adjustments right the first time.  So I strap the boat into place, walk around back and pull the plug.... and water comes pouring out.  CRAP!!  It STILL leaks!!  ARGH!

So.... it's back home, empty out the boat, fill it up with water and climb underneath.  I discover one of the tack welds created a new pinhole in hull, and find 5 additional rivets leaking (the repaired rivets held just fine).  Back on the phone I go....

It's now two weeks later.  The spot-weld and rivets have been repaired as of today.  I also applied sealant around the reinforcements & welds for added insurance. 

It'll be a few days before it's all cured enough to take out on the water, but other than that, it should be good to go - just in time for my annual trek to Banks lake.  I can't wait to hit the water!!

IP Logged

marktfd88
Ex Member

Re: Boat Problems - Final Chapter
Reply #1 - 09/11/02 at 04:04:49
Quote Print Post  
Your perserverence has been amazing.  Now I know why your such a good fisherman.  I hope all goes well.  Enjoy your trip to Bank's.  I can say I wish I were going there as well, but I will be busting my chops at Riffe.

Mark Maderos

IP Logged

The_Rev.
Ex Member

Re: Boat Problems - Final Chapter
Reply #2 - 09/17/02 at 22:10:58
Quote Print Post  
Glenn;

You'll have use your unfortunate experiences with boats to your advantage by doing what all "experts" on a particular subject do: write a book!

"When Bad Things Happen To Good Fisherman" by Glenn May

Keep Smilin'
The Rev.

IP Logged

Bookmarks: del.icio.us Digg Facebook Google Google+ Linked in reddit StumbleUpon Twitter Yahoo